Water in itself is already a source of many health benefits. It keeps you hydrated, as it also flushes out toxins from your body. Moreover, water can do wonders for your skin making it supple and elastic.
Nevertheless, you can get even more benefits from water when you infuse it with fruits. Fruit infused water allows you to get more vitamins and antioxidants, and it can make the habit of drinking water more satisfying and enjoyable.
Benefits of fruit infused water
Apart from the few ones mentioned above, there are other great perks that you can get from drinking fruit infused water.
1. Fruit infused water is a refreshing beverage that's packed with more vitamins and antioxidants. It's definitely a healthier alternative to fruit juices, energy drinks, and "vitamin water" that you can purchase from supermarkets.
2. Due to its nutritious contents, fruit infused water can help boost your immune system and lower your risk of certain diseases such as diabetes, cold, and flu.
3. If you're looking to improve your metabolism, adding fruit infused water to your diet is a good idea. Active compounds found in fruits are known to speed up metabolism, which enables your body to burn more calories.
4. Fruit infused water can help with your digestion too. Lemons, oranges, apples, and papaya can soothe your stomach problems.
5. Fruit infused water can result in clearer and younger skin as well. Due to its antioxidants, this refreshment can help increase collagen production and slow aging. It can definitely leave your skin feeling smoother and clearer.
Fruit infused water recipes
Summer is coming up, so you'll surely appreciate some fruit infused recipes that are perfect for the season.
A Place for Mom recommends five summer recipes in their blog, and these two are our favorites:
Strawberry Lemon Basil Water
- 4-6 strawberries (hulled and quartered)
- 1/2 lemon (sliced)
- Small handful of basil (scrunched)
- Cold filtered water
- Fill a pitcher to the top with lemons, strawberries, and ice.
- Put in the basil and cover with cold filtered water.
- Leave the water in the refrigerator to infuse for at least one hour.
Kiwi Cucumber Agua Fresca
- 6 kiwis (peeled)
- 1 large cucumber (peeled and seeded)
- 4 packets Splenda (or other no calorie sweetener)
- 6 cups water (divided)
- Extra kiwi slices for garnish
- Place the kiwi, cucumber, sweetener, and two cups of water in a blender. Puree until smooth, about three to four minutes.
- Transfer to a pitcher and stir in the remaining four cups of water.
- Serve chilled over ice and garnish with kiwi sliced.
If you want a more convenient way to make your own fruit infused water, you can try to use this tea pitcher from our store. Although it's originally for making iced tea blends, it can perfectly infuse fruits into plain water as well.