Magnesium offers a variety of benefits that will surely keep your body in top condition. It helps you sleep and improve the quality of your sleep so that you can take on the next day full of energy.
Additionally, magnesium helps reduce stress and can calm anxious feelings. It soothes aches and pains, and it relaxes muscles and cramps too.
By creating a homemade Magnesium Body Butter, you can take advantage of all the benefits mentioned above and enjoy a healthier lifestyle.
What you need
- 1/2 cup cocoa butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup magnesium oil
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops cedarwood essential oil
- 10 drops frankincense essential oil
- Double boiler
How to make magnesium body butter
1. Melt 1/2 cup of cocoa butter in a double boiler.
2. Add 1/2 cup of coconut oil and melt the ingredient.
3. Add 1/4 cup of magnesium oil into the mixture.
4. Place in a secure container and cool for 30 minutes in a refrigerator.
5. Whip the mixture for 3-5 minutes.
6. Add the essential oils.
7. Whip for another 5 minutes or until the Magnesium Body Butter is light and fluffy.
Tips on using magnesium body butter
As mentioned above, Magnesium Body Butter can be used for various purposes. Hence, it can also used in different ways.
To help you relax and sleep more easily during bedtime, you can massage the Magnesium Body Butter onto your feet and the back of your neck.
To relieve stress or head discomfort, gently massage a small amount of Magnesium Body Butter onto the back of your neck, the base of your skull, and your forehead and temples. Be careful so as not to get any into your eyes.
For muscle cramps, simply apply Magnesium Body Butter to the affected area.
Other important things to remember are as follows:
- Magnesium can cause itching and stinging especially on the first few times that you use it. Take caution by easing yourself into it. Use a very small amount and observe how your body reacts as you increase the application. Try it first on your feet at bedtime and make sure to wear thick, warm socks.
- Do not apply to open wounds, broken skin, or shaven skin.
- Coconut oil typically melts at 76 degrees, so if your home is warmer than that, you can keep your body butter in the refrigerator. This will normally make your body butter firm and hard, but the body butter will melt almost instantly when you apply it on your skin. Simply scoop out a small amount every time you need to use it.