Earlier this year, Pantone released its Fashion Color Report for Fall 2017. Based on various collections by fashion designers on New York Fashion Week, this report highlights the top ten color trends for men’s and women’s fashion.
Photo by Pantone Color Institute
Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute, says that “the color palette for Fall 2017 leans more to warmth.” However, apart from the comforting colors that nicely exude the vibe of the fall season, standout hues are also present to add a “striking touch.”
True enough, the Pantone colors for Fall 2017 has left everybody in awe. If you’re scouring for fashion finds to gear you up for the season, better check out this list of fashion inspirations for Pantone’s Fall 2017 colors.
- Know more about the characteristics of each shade straight from Pantone Color Institute, and get swatches of the ten colors for Fall 2017.
- On her article on Refinery29, Ana Colon rounds up how the ten shades have ended up in Pantone’s Color Report. The article features a lot of really great fashion pegs. You might want to bookmark their compilation of runway favorites for your next shopping spree.
- On her piece for Fashionisers, Virginia Cafaro notes that the Pantone colors for Fall 2017 “will make anyone happy, from those who love more conventionally fall-inspired shades, to those who like to mix things and surprise everybody with less conventionally autumnal-inspired fashion patterns.” And we couldn’t agree more! Pantone Fall 2017 features neutral colors like “Butterum” and “Neutral Gray” as well as eye-catching hues like “Grenadine” and “Marina.”
- Meanwhile, Thalia from FiftyFlowers offers a really good point, commenting that “these color trends transition into the wedding industry too.” If you’re walking down the aisle this fall, you might want to see her beautiful flower recommendations for the season.
- Andrea Cheng lists down on Allure the ten Pantone colors for fall, as she also mentions the celebrities who have been spotted wearing these lovely hues on the red carpet. Emma Stone’s dazzling dress is definitely hard to miss!
- NYC Stylist shares with us their top ten favorite looks during the New York Fashion Week. A lot of their finds are so precious — you’ll surely fall head over heels for the Ballet Slipper dress from Elie Saab and Hermès’ Butterum outfit.
- If you want a general idea about what colors go perfectly together, Erika Firm’s Pantone color palettes are the guide you’re looking for. They are quite helpful not just in picking out fashion pieces but in interior design as well. According to her, she “had fun pairing my favorite 2017 Spring and 2017 Fall colors together, along with the Pantone Color of the Year, Greenery, to create some trendy color palettes for 2017.” Sounds interesting, doesn’t it?
- Taking the Pantone colors a little bit further, the BrideStory has created three wedding palettes based on the Fall 2017 shades. They also share some great advice on how to mix and match the colors in order to suit different types of brides.
- Sarah Clark has also made color palettes featuring Pantone’s Fall 2017 colors. Although she intended these palettes to be used by artists, the color combinations can also be used as references when picking out clothes and accessories.
- Speaking of accessories, this article by The Vivienne Files will give you an idea about Pantone-inspired accessories that you can use to accentuate your look. Use the color palettes that we have shared earlier to know which colors will work splendidly together.